Dan and Amelia Bright from Amber Creek Farm & Sawmill operate a mixed farming business growing free range pigs and a timber milling operation. Join us to hear how they have designed their farming system for resilience in our changing climate.
• Dan Bright on the design of Amber Creek farm including the benefits of using local sources of waste as a resource, and regenerative methods for soil improvement
• Amelia Bright on how the Prom Coast Food Collective supports local farmers and reduces food miles
• Renewable energy options for farmers including the latest on rebates, with Chris Barfoot from the Latrobe Valley Community Power Hub
Click 'read more' for more information and to download the event flyer
To familiarise yourself with Amber Creek Farm & Sawmill prior to this event we recommend you watch these two short videos:
- Amber Creek intro and use of waste products https://vimeo.com/347229866
- Pig farming using regenerative soil practices https://tinyurl.com/AmberCreek
Date: Friday October 9th , 2020
Time: 10 am to 12pm.
How to join: Zoom link to join online will be provided upon registration
Registration essential by Monday 5th October. To register please visit: https://wasteasaresource.eventbrite.com.au
For more info contact Cassie from SGLN at 0448 739 559 or email@example.com
MAKE a DONATION
News & Events Archives